Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ahh, the fall lineup




Yes, it's that time of year again- the time when all of my favorite shows return for the new season. In the days before Teevo, we used to race home to either catch the shows live or scrambled to make sure the VCR would record the chosen show of the evening. There were days when unforseen events would sabotage these efforts and we would miss a show, causing much distress as you can imagine- and these were the days before Big D. We thank the powers that be that made Teevo possible. It really has been a blessing.
I honestly could care less about catching most shows, but there is one show in particulat that I am anticipating - The Office. Hands down the best show I have seen in years. I know there are many people that prefer the british version but this show is so freakin funny. I absolutely love each and every character and the show would not be complete without each and every one of them. The writers are geniouses.

I would not be able to choose my favorite character from this show, they are all so awesome and each one adds so much to the show. However, Dwight Shrute has a special place in my heart. Everyone knows a Dwight and may even be a Dwight on one level or another. As for why he stands out so much for me - he could be the clone for a certain higher up at a certain county agency I used to work at. I will not mention any names here but if you you this guy you would agree.

So, we went fishing on the dock the other day with the neighbor boys. The blue gill are biting like crazy and are easy catches for the kids so that makes it a lot of fun. Big D caught a good sized trout with the help of his dad. Normally, we would toss it back but this one swallowed the bait too far -"gutted it" as J woul say, so we ended up having to take it home and threw it on the grill. At least J. ate it. Sometimes he just brings the "gutted" ones home, throws 'em in the freezer and tries to ignore the fact that they are in there. Each time I would open the freezer door, I would see this big fish eye staring at me. Fortunately, my good friend H took this last fish off my hands. See, she feeds her dog a raw diet. Why, she will even take poor dead chickens freshly killed by her in-laws dogs. She's cool like that.

No comments: